Saturday November 13th  The WESSEX League – Premier Division


played at Gang Warily                    Kick Off – 15:00              Attendance – 54

Referee:- DECLAN SKEHAN  Assistants – Callum Allen + Nyasha Mukachana

Team:- COWES SPORTS – Edward HATT (c), Max COSHELL, Morgan PERRIN, Jake WATSON. Jez CONWAY, Ewan CRANWELL, Jimmy MUMFORD (33), Scott McFARLANE, Connor FURMIDGE (58), Jack BARSDELL, Ji NASH (58)

Subs:- Finley PHILLIPS (33), John McKIE (58), Aedan COODE (58), unused – Dominic SEXTON, Owen DENNESS

Cowes Sports travelled across the Solent for their latest League match to visit Blackfield & Langley who they lost to earlier in the season at Gang Warily in the FA Cup. Prior to kick Off both teams gathered around the centre circle while the “Last Post” was played in memory of everyone that lost their lives in war and two minutes silence, a very poignant moment the day before Remembrance Sunday.

Callum Chase (unavailable), Mitchell Ricketts(ankle) and George Holmes (in Reserves) missing from the last starting XI, Morgan Perrin, Ewan Cranwell and Jack Barsdell started whilst Aedan Coode returned from holiday replacing Jaz Camara on the bench where he was joined by Dominic Sexton alongside John McKie and Finley Phillips.

Once again a tough encounter was expected by the Yachtsmen and from the first whistle the Watersiders made their intentions very clear. Home forward Sam House sent a first minute effort over the crossbar before Ali Zintany saw his 5th minute shot saved by Ed Hatt. It came as no surprise when Blackfield took a 9th minute lead as SAM WOODWARD lobbed the ball over the advancing Ed Hatt into the Cowes goal. A sort of blow for the home side in the 19th minute as striker Sam House limped off but his replacement was Rafa Ramos who had scored a hat trick in the FA Cup win back in August. A 26th minute long range effort was tipped onto the crossbar by Cowes stopper Ed Hatt but there was nothing he could do on 31 minutes as Player Manager FAWZI SAADI sent a low shot from 25 yards into the bottom right corner of the Cowes goal. A couple of minutes later and a low effort by Ji Nash was fumbled by home keeper, Stephen Hodder allowing Connor Furmidge to put in a challenge for the rebound with their keeper getting injured. Whilst treatment was given Cowes made a substitution as Jimmy Mumford came off to be replaced by Finley Phillips. In the 34th minute Max Coshell and Scott McFarlane done well down the right before passing the ball to CONNOR FURMIDGE who looked up from the right corner of the area and curled the ball towards the right of the goal, it sacked off the right post back across the goal into the left of the goal and the Islanders were back in the game.          H-t 2 – 1 

Cowes were looking to build on the late first half goal, but it was not to be as the home side scored a third goal in the 49th minute through RAFA RAMOS after Cowes had lost possession cheaply. Scott McFarlane sent an effort just wide of the left post. John McKie and Aedan Coode came on in place of Connor Furmidge and Scott McFarlane on 58 minutes as Cowes tried to find a way back into the game. It was not to bae as some excellent one touch football from the home side cut through the Cowes defence on 63 minutes and RAFA RAMOS added a fourth goal. A 67th minute near post corner was headed over the bar by Jack Barsdell. Blackfield then made the final two substitutions and one of them, Wayne Robinson, soon saw his shot hit the the base of the post and RAFA RAMOS was on hand for a simple tap in to complete his second hat trick of the season against the Yachtsmen. Aedan Coode was then harshly booked by the Referee who even threatened to send him off though no idea what for!!. John McKie fired over the bar five minutes from time before in the final minute a free kick to the far post saw centre half HARVEY-JOE BERTRAND head home to complete the scoring and condemn Cowes to another heavy defeat.