Saturday December 4th  The WESSEX League – Premier Division


played at the On Site Group Stadium      Kick Off – 15:00     Attendance – 133

Referee:- OSCAR WHITING                 Assistants – Rudi Burton + Jamie Gardner

Team:- COWES SPORTS – Edward HATT, Max COSHELL, Jimmy MUMFORD, Jake WATSON, Jez CONWAY, Ewan Cranwell (18), Finley PHILLIPS (c), Scott McFARLANE (54), Jack BARSDELL, Aedan COODE (65), Ji NASH

Subs:- Mitchell RICKETTS (18), Connor FURMIDGE (54), George HOLMES (65)

Cowes Sports made the trip to The OnSite Group Stadium to take on AFC Portchester in what was thought to be a revenge mission for the home side who had suffered defeat on the Island a month earlier. With Callum Chase(suspended) and John McKie unavailable, Ewan Cranwell and Aedan Coode were brought into the starting XI.

A quiet start to the game from both sides and it was ten minutes before the first chance of the game, Lee Wort firing against the Cowes crossbar. The Islanders responded when Aedan Coode beat three home players before setting up Jack Barsdell but the Cowes forward failed to test the home keeper. A blow for Cowes on 18 minutes as Ewan Cranwell was forced off with injury, Mitchell Ricketts replacing him. The Cowes substitute was soon in action as Portchester thought they were going to take the lead on 24 minutes. A long ball into the Cowes area was controlled by their forward who then squared for a teammate to strike but the Cowes substitute made a fantastic clearance on the goal line. Finally Cowes’ defence was breached on 32 minutes when HARVEY ASTON netted and by all accounts the only person to celebrate was the home kit man who went crazy!!!! Four minutes before the break and the lead was doubled when a corner floated in to the box was headed back across goal and LEE WORT had an easy tap in. H-T 2 – 0 

Again a slow start to the second half. Cowes second substitution the highlight of the first ten minutes when Connor Furmidge replaced Scott McFarlane. On the hour mark a simple ball over the top picked out MUHAMMED JATTA who blasted the ball into the roof of the goal. Worse for the Yachtsmen on 71 minutes when the same player was allowed to run from the half way line before slotting past Ed Hatt to make it 4 – 0.  In between George Holmes had come on in place of Aedan Coode. Cowes steadied the ship a little but five minutes from time and a silly foul in the box gives LEE WORT the chance for a fifth home goal from 12 yards. Two minutes from time home substitute ARCHIE LEE GREENOUGH added a sixth goal as the home side completed a comfortable win.